Do We Need Two Photographers at our Wedding
Two Wedding Photographers Vs One Wedding Photographer
As a husband and wife team, we are often asked by Brides and Grooms if both of us will be there on their wedding day, and if they do in fact need two photographers.
Not all weddings require more than one photographer. Here is our guide for determining if your wedding would benefit two photographers, or if one is plenty:
- Are you having bridal preps and groom preps? You will definitely need two photographers, one with the Bride and one with the Groom.
- Are the Bridal preps a distance from the ceremony? A second photographer would be an advantage. As the first photographer will be with the Bride, there would be very little time to travel to the venue to meet the Groom for pre-ceremony shots. The second photographer can be at the venue to meet with the Groom and Groomsmen to capture the pre-ceremony nerves.
- Do you have more than 80 guests during the day? Two photographers would certainly help with the organisation of group shots, especially of the entire wedding party. Also a great opportunity to capture candid shots whilst the first photographer is taking group and bridal shots.
The other benefit to having a second photographer is during the ceremony. With one positioned at the front and one at the back, you will receive two view points of the most important part of your day.
As mentioned earlier, for many weddings one photographer is plenty. If you are having a small, intimate wedding with your closest family and friends, having two cameras pointing at them could make your guests feel a little uncomfortable. More so if you are having a videographer too.
With our years of experience, knowledge, and passion for wedding photography, we are always happy to offer guidance and advice to couples. If you have any questions about your wedding photography, do not hesitate to contact us. To see more of our work, click here to visit our webpage.
- What an emotional rollercoaster the last few weeks have been. …Read More »
- We are a family portrait photography business, we like to …Read More »
- When I am talking to couples about their wedding photography …Read More »
- The western world has been celebrating on the 14th of …Read More »